Evelyn - NYC Hair & Makeup Artisan
What makes your artistry unique? I have been told that I have a light touch and make the makeup look natural (for example making the foundation look like second skin). I like to enhance a woman’s best feature and not mask her beauty. A blend of things also make me unique from great client service, to high quality products, sanitation for my clients, and my thirst for knowledge to be the best that I can be in my craft.
What inspires you? Social media, everyday women, and other makeup artists inspire me every day.
Style Icon: Marilyn Monroe is my favorite style Icon because of her sensuality; she was comfortable in her own skin, sexy, powerful etc…
“The original blonde bombshell, Monroe exuded sensuality with every step she took; in fact, it's rumoured that the stilettos she wore always had one heel shaved down to achieve that slightly off-kilter gait, so she literally wiggled while she walked.”
- Planning Events for clients, friends, or my own.
- I love to write about beauty.
WarPaint Artisan Since: February 2014
Speciality: Beauty Makeup
Education & Experience: I am a licensed Cosmetologist, B.A. English/Journalism, and Certified Event Planner. I have 10 years experience in cosmetics. I have worked on various projects that involved women/men appearing on Vh1, MTV, and BET. In addition, I also have worked with reality t.v. stars and New York Giants.
- Licensed Cosmetologist - International Beauty School (December 2006 – March 2008).
- Certified Events Coordinator - QC School of Event & Wedding Planning (January 2011 - December 2011).
- Freelance Writer (Splash Magazine, Her Journey Magazine, Style East Group, Modern Latina Brides Online Magazine, Pandora’s Box (York College’s Monthly Periodical).
- Bilingual - Fluent in English and Spanish.